You probably are wondering about how effective is how effective is Vicks VapoRub For Toenail Fungus Treatment. Anyone can get toenail fungus. This is not only uncomfortable, but it also ruins the appearance of your nails. In time as it separates the nail from the nail bed, it could be painful.
Fungi infection, like a viral infection, could be incredibly stubborn to treat. Some researchers believed that it is better managed than cured. As a result, some products can help reduce the effect of the infection. One of such is Vicks VapoRub.
This article will explore everything you need to know about using Vicks VapoRub for toenail fungus treatment. Hence, if you want to know if it will work for your toenail fungus, be sure to read this article to the end.
Introducing Vicks VapoRub
Vicks VapoRub has been used over the years to treat toenail fungus. Vicks VapoRub is a common product used in some homes as a medicine in the treatment of toenail fungus infections. Many people use it to suppress a cough as it contains camphor, which also works against some toenail fungus.
How Well Does Vicks VapoRub for Toenail Fungus treatment?
From times past, many people have successfully used Vicks VapoRub to treat toenail fungus while other people were not successful in using the treatment for their toenail fungus.
This is not alarming as some pretty costly over the counter prescription also does not work for everyone in treating toenail fungus. Also, when you consider that many people do take antifungal medicine for months without a positive change, it is not alarming. Even though they could get relief for a couple of months, the infection might return after a while
This point to the fact that toenail fungus comes in varieties. Another cause also might be the variables present in the carrier’s body such as the level of immune system and hygiene. Also, we suspect that these fungi pathogens come are many.
It might be surprising to know that some people also walk barefoot in the shower or gym. These sets of people, yet, do not get nail fungus while others will have a thick, ugly, yellowish-brown nail that might be difficult to clip.
This has puzzled researchers, and there are two speculations. Whether the immune system plays a vital role in helping against the toenail fungus, or there are different kinds of fungi.
The good news is that many people have successfully used Vicks VapoRub to treat toenail fungus. It, however, does not work for others. As a result, we cannot base its effectiveness on the success story of a couple of people.
In answering the question of the effectiveness of Vicks VapoRub, it depends on quite some factors, as explained above. One of the main determinants is how severe the person’s infection is.
How to use vicks vaporub for toenail fungus treatment
As established above, the possibility of having Vicks VapoRub work for your toenail fungus is pretty slim – under 40% precisely. However, you can determine if it will work if you fall under the following category:
- The entire toenail was not affected by the fungi
- There is no pain
- You do not have thick skin under and around the affected nail
- The nail has not grown into the skin edges
- The nail hasn’t changed color to whitish-yellow, and there are not colored streaks (brown)
How to use Vicks VapoRub for Toenail Fungus treatment
- The first step is to trim your nail and file it down before applying any treatment. Make sure you are thorough with the filing as it affects the efficiency of the treatment. Here are the reasons:
- The procedure will be effective if your file your nail and reduce the length and thickness. It will also increase your chance of success which could rise to 60%
- When you have nail fungus, it usually forms a thick impenetrable layer of film which covers the nail. This creates a barrier that prevents medications from getting to the nail bed.
- With this, your chances of success increases as the medication do not have to struggle to get to the fungus and address the root of the problem.
- After you have thoroughly filed the nail, rub the Vicks VapoRub on the toenail. The affected part and the edges of your toes. Apply on the front and side.
- We recommend wearing socks to prevent this from soiling your sheet. This is because you have to do this at night and leave it over the night.
- You should do this continuously for at least nine months to completely get rid of the toenail fungus.
- In an average of 7 months, another nail will grow.
Benefits of Using Vicks VapoRub for Toenail Fungus
- Vicks VapoRub is soothing and reduces the pain and itching that comes with toenail fungus
- It is a well-known solution for many household issues like cough
- Vicks VapoRub is readily available and cheap. This makes it a readily available treatment for toenail fungus.
- There is no side effect with using Vicks VapoRub
- You can easily get a positive result by using Vicks VapoRub. In just 12 weeks, you can experience considerable positive change compared to other treatments.
What Kills Toenail Fungus Fast?
There are many treatments, both medications, and natural remedies, with which you can treat and kill toenail fungus. Vinegar, bleach, tea tree oil, oregano oil, etc. are homemade remedies to treat toenail fungus. You can also get medical treatment like funginix and kerasal.
The effectiveness of any treatment you are using for toenail fungus depends on many things. As a result, the best treatment for toenail fungus varies from one person to another.
We recommend talking to a specialist to determine the best treatment for you. On the contrary, you can attempt various types of homemade remedies if you cannot afford to talk to a specialist.
While Vicks VapoRub works effectively for toenail fungus, everyone might not find success with it. We have explored everything you need to know about using Vicks VapoRub for toenail fungus treatment. We have also explained how to increase your chance of being successful with the treatment.