After a few days or weeks of donning your choice of nail polish, getting it off without causing any damage to the nail as well as the cuticle is the next big thing. Just like nail polish, there are so many brands making nail polish remover. Buying a nail polish remover goes beyond the effective removal of the nail polish; the health of the nail, cuticle, and adjacent skin has to be considered.
With the numerous nail polish remover brands in the market, we reviewed as many nail polish remover brands as we can and came with the top 20 based on key factors such as effectiveness and safety.
Top 20 Best Nail Polish Remover Brands
Note: In compiling this list, we looked beyond popularity and time in the industry because these factors are often superficial, at the least. There are popular nail polish remover brands that are not very safe.
Cutex is one of the c brands in the market for several reasons including its gentle action and effectiveness. This iconic brand has been in the industry for over a century and has done so well that it is considered synonymous to nail polish remover though they also produce other nail care products.
Cutex Nourishing nail polish remover is designed to provide cover for weak nails. Its components include perilla seed oil, apricot kernel oil, linseed, and vitamin E – all of which help to enhance nails’ health. It effectively removes most nail polishes without leaving any trace. In a lab assessment conducted by experts, the effectiveness was proven and was confirmed by a whopping 90 percent of testers. Many of the testers consider Cutex Nourishing nail polish remover to be consistent, gentle, fast, easy to use, and thorough.
- Easy to use
- Gentle – perfect for weak nails
- Easy removal of nail polish
- Effective – does not leave any trace of polish
- Healthy – will not dry out nails
- Mild, pleasant odor
- Removes polish in a short space of time
- It may not be the best for some polishes such as glitter polish
- Some users complain of nail dryness afterward
Cutex Nourishing nail polish remover is hard to beat. Its effectiveness despite its gentle action is simply amazing. It removes a wide range of nail polishes easily without leaving a trace and the scent is quite pleasant. It does not contain harsh chemicals common in many nail polish removers hence it is very safe. It is highly recommended.
Cutex Swipe & Go Nail Polish Remover Pads
This is another top-notch polish remover from Cutex. It eliminates the problem of having to soak your fingers in an acetone-based sponge which leaves the skin dry – getting polish off your toenails is more difficult and awkward. You do not have to go through the rigors of scrubbing polish off your nails with cotton balls. Cutex Swipe & Go Nail Polish Remover Pads are pre-soaked for easy and effective removal of diverse kinds of nail polishes including glitter polish. It is easy to use, fast, and perfectly removes stain from the nails.
It comes with several pads, each of which can take of the ten fingers perfectly. It cannot remove gel polishes.
Cutex Swipe & Go Nail Polish Remover Pads are easy to take with you wherever you are going in addition to the numerous benefits highlighted above. It is highly recommended.
2. L.A Colors
L.A. COLORS is another well-known and top-notch brand in the cosmetics industry. As spelled out on the company’s official website, this cosmetic brand produces high-quality products at affordable prices. Their products cover all age groups and categories of people e.g. millennials, Gen-X admirers, teens, etc.
- L.A. COLORS NAIL POLISH REMOVER PADS
This is one of the most pleasant, most effective, as well as the easiest to use nail polish removers. It comes in 6 different scents – Lemon, Grape, Melon, Strawberry, Peach, and Pear – each of which is very pleasant and refreshing despite how overpowering some may be.
One jar of L.A. COLORS nail pail remover pads contains 36 pads that have been pre-soaked to easily and effectively remove a wide range of nail polishes. Each pad is small, round, and thin.
The ingredients include Butyl acetone, alcohol, Proplene carbonate, water, and Parfum.
How to use L.A. COLORS NAIL POLISH REMOVER PADS
Press a pre-soaked pad softly over each nail for a few seconds and then wipe the polish off. Usually, a pre-soaked thin pad can effectively take care of nails but 2 to 3 pads may be required for darker shades of nail polish.
L.A. COLORS NAIL POLISH REMOVER PADS will leave the nails soft and shiny. The oily finish also helps to soften the cuticle though some users do not like the oily after effect of polish remover pads.
- Very easy to use and convenient
- Quick action
- Moisturizes and softens the nail as well as cuticle
- Free of acetone
- Very pleasant scent as opposed to the usual strong acidic fragrances of many polish removers
- Packed in a small container that makes it easy to carry along
- The first drawback is common to all polish remover pads – the nail and cuticle may be very oily afterward
- Availability is another thing – it is only available online which eventually makes the price quite high as the shipping cost often exceeds the price of the product itself.
Unopened products purchased from the official website can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of the purchase but this does not cover nail polish and nail treatments. In the case of a refund, it does not cover the shipping cost.
L.A. COLORS NAIL POLISH REMOVER PADS are very easy to use, pleasant, and effective polish remover. As typical of L.A. COLOR products, these pads are very cheap. It is recommended for all categories of users.
3. Pure Body Naturals
Pure Body Naturals is one of the few cosmetics brands that put the holistic wellness of users first when making their products. The brand emphasizes the use of natural ingredients – simple and effective – in making natural beauty and wellness more attainable for all.
As outlined on the official website, complete transparency, holistic wellness, effective products, cruelty-free testing, and simple ingredients are their common practices. The ingredients used are as pure as possible hence are fewer than the ingredients used in similar products. Chemicals such as ethanolamines, parabens, formaldehyde, etc. are excluded from the formula.
Pure Body Naturals Polish Remover – 100% Natural Nail Polish Remover
When I first came across this product, I immediately wrote it off on the basis that it must be a joke. It is either not all-natural or ineffective if it is truly 100% percent natural. However, my friend bought one for me as a trial. Wow! Amazing! The result is unbelievable – it effectively removes my nail polish.
Is it truly all-natural?
With the level of result I got, I had to question if it’s truly natural. You wouldn’t blame me, too many ad stunts out there.
Of course, the first thing is to check the label. The first thing that caught my eyes is that it is made in the US and has US EPA seal as well as certified by USDA. It is also clearly stated that it does not have acetone, acetate, or ethyl lactate – hence it is non-toxic, biodegradable, non-flammable, non-carcinogenic. What then are the ingredients?
Methyl oleate – gotten from natural oils
Palmitate – a derivative of palm or coconut oil which are rich in vitamin A
Linoleate – omega 6 fatty acid
Stearate – derived from vegetable and animal fats
Other ingredients include proprietary botanical mixtures.
Note: based on the ingredients above, it does appear to be all-natural
How to use
Put a few drops of all-natural polish remover on the nails and leave it for up to 5 minutes. This will soften the polish making it easy to use cotton to wipe off the polish. Some users recommend waiting almost double this time for more effective results. Putting the polish remover on the cotton and then using it to wipe the polish is equally as effective.
- Pleasant scent – tends towards the floral scent
- A thin oil – the nail and cuticle won’t be left oily
- Moisturizes the nail and cuticle, giving a nice sheen
- Easy to use – the dropper helps to control the quantity used each time
- Requires more than 5 minutes specified on the product for effectiveness
- Since one of their core values is transparency, other ingredients should have been revealed for user’s assurance
All Natural polish remover from Pure Body Naturals is a very safe polish remover for everyone especially people that experience irritation from the use of traditional nail polish removers. However, it must be noted that effective usage requires leaving it up to 8to 10 minutes before wiping off with cotton or simply put it on the cotton and wipe the polish off. It is also reasonably priced. It is highly recommended.
4. Onyx Professional
Onyx is one of the best nail polish remover brands on the market today. Aside from nail polish removers, they have been producing high-quality beauty and cosmetics products for over three decades. It was founded by Marsha Martin based on a passion for beauty. Their products include beauty, bath, and accessory items, all sold at affordable prices.
100% Pure Acetone Nail Polish Remover from Onyx Professional
This nail polish remover is a very strong and versatile polish remover capable of removing a wide range of polishes and nails. It is designed for faster and more efficient action in removing artificial nails, nail glue, polishes including gel and glitters, etc. The ingredients used are acetone and Denatonium Benzoate.
It is made of 100% acetone and is of salon-quality.
How to use
For nail polish remover: soak a cotton ball with 100% Pure Nail Polish Remover and wipe the polish from the cuticle to the nail tip. Repeat this until the complete removal of polish.
For artificial nails remover: cut the artificial nail to the length of the natural nail and then soak the nails in 200% Pure Acetone solution for a few minutes. Gently loosen the artificial nail with a nail stick such as Birchwood Stick. Finally, carefully file any residue away.
- Maximum strength
- Perfect for diverse kinds of polishes including gel polish, glitter polish, fake nails, nail glue, etc.
- Fast and efficient
- Nail salon quality
- 100% pure acetone
Gel Soak Off Remover
This polish remover from Onyx Professional is formulated to get rid of all kinds of nail care accessories e.g. artificial nails, gel nails, shellac polish, glitter polish, nail glue, etc. Its strength is amazing and enriched with grape seed oil and vitamin E for nail conditioning. Its scent is like coconut.
For nail polish remover: soak a cotton ball with the solution and wipe the polish from the cuticle to the nail tip.
For Shellac or Gel polish remover: soak fingers in a glass bowl of soak-off for about 15 minutes and then wipe the polish off.
- Strip Down Nail Polish Remover Wipes
This polish remover is a more convenient option that can be easily carried along wherever you are going. One wipe can take care of ten nails effectively.
Usage: massage nail bed with the wipe by firmly wiping the polish from the cuticle to the nail tip.
Some other polish removers from Onyx Professional are Strawberry Polish Remover, Lavender Polish Remover, etc.
Aromatherapy, founded by Marley Marie, is a top beauty and cosmetics products with its products consistently ranking among the best. They are one of the best nail polish remover brands or manufacturers available on the market today.
Aromatherapy (Marley Marie Naturals) Nail Polish Remover
This oil polish remover from Aromatherapy is one of the safest polish removers. Being a natural alternative to traditional polish removers that often have harsh reactions on the nail and surrounding skin. This natural polish remover does not dry the nail out neither does it cause brittle or splitting nails – it is a very gentle and mild polish remover.
Just as the name implies, this polish remover offers the benefits of aromatherapy due to the presence of therapeutic grade essential oils, such as ginger, spearmint, eucalyptus, and orange, in the formula.
It has several scents including lavender and orange, all of which are pleasant.
Soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply it to the nails. Leave it for up to 10 minutes before wiping off the polish. A single cotton ball will take care of the ten fingers. It leaves the nails and cuticle smooth and soft.
- Very safe and nontoxic formula
- Effective remover of polish
- Aromatherapy benefits
- It is biodegradable
- Heals and moisturizes nails and skin
- It is not the fastest nail polish remover in the market and more of the solution is required to remove glitter polish as well as dark shades of polish.
Aromatherapy Nail Polish Remover is a natural polish remover with a smooth and gentle action that leaves the nails in perfect condition unlike many nail polish removers with harsh chemicals. Though it will take a while to dissolve, it is very effective. It is recommended for everyone tired of the harsh reactions of acetone.
6. Karma Naturals
Karma Naturals is another top brand totally given to producing cruelty-free and totally safe beauty and cosmetics products. 100 percent natural ingredients are used for their products and are pleasantly scented for users’ nice feeling. Their products rank among the safest and most pleasant in the industry.
Karma Organic Nail Polish Remover or Karma Naturals Unscented/Scented Nail Polish Remover
This nail polish remover from Karma Naturals is one of the best cruelty-free polish removers. It is either scented (Tea Tree Oil and Lavender) or unscented. Most users prefer the unscented to the scented because, despite the pleasantness of the scent, it may give some users strange feelings. However, it is important to note that it is free of toxic smelling odor.
It is organic, non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, and devoid of any petroleum ingredients.
Propylene Carbonate – serve as a solvent in this polish remover
Soybean Oil Methyl Exter – also works as a solvent in the separation of liquid
Tocopheryl Acetate – vitamin E
How to use
Thoroughly moisturize a cotton ball with Karma Organic Nail Polish Remover and use it to gently wipe the polish off the fingers as well as toes. This oil-based polish remover leaves the nail nourished rather than dried or brittle.
Note: This nail polish remover cannot remove acrylic or gel nails.
- 100% natural – soy-based and vitamin enriched
- Softens cuticles and nourishes nails
- Vegan based and cruelty-free
- Acetone free – it is one of the safest nail polish removers devoid of harsh chemicals including petroleum ingredients
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly – the bottle is also recyclable
- Pleasant scent – no toxic smelling odor
- Fast action and easy to use – just wipe the polish with soaked cotton wool
- There is hardly anything to dislike about this product
Karma Organic Nail Polish Remover, an oil-based 100% percent natural perfume, is gentle and effective in removing a wide range of nail polishes excluding acrylic and gel nails. It is highly desirable and recommended nail polish remover for all lovers of cruelty-free products.
7. Gelish Soak
Gelish is another top brand in the beauty and cosmetics products with top-quality products.
Gelish SOAK OFF Gel Remover
This polish remover is formulated to effectively remove GELISH and acrylic products without the harsh effects typical of traditional nail polish removers. Both the nail and cuticle are well moisturized due to the presence of conditioning additives. These additives help to preserve the integrity of the nails and cuticle.
It works to weaken the bond between artificial nails and the natural nail as well as soften nail polish for easy removal. Some of the ingredients work for cell regeneration and they are also replete with antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, antimicrobial, and hydrating properties. It effectively removes a wide range of polishes including acrylic nails.
Acetone, DI Water, Propylene Glycol, Vitamin E, Palmarosa Oil, Benzyl Acetate, Alpha-Amyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, a-(trichloromethyl) Benzyl Acetate, Perfume, 7-Dimethyl -7-, Hydroxyoctanal Alcohol, 2-Phenethyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Dipropylene Glycol, Tetrahydro-4-methyl-2-(methylprop-1-enyl) pyran, Geranyl Acetate, and Citronellol.
Soak a cotton ball with Gelish SOAK OFF and then apply it to the nail. Wrap the cotton to the nail for up to 12 minutes (for GELISH polish) or 2o minutes (for acrylic). Then wipe the nail clean with the cotton ball.
- Contains conditioning additives for preserving nail and cuticle health
- Does not dry nails and cuticle – moisturizes nail and skin
- Effective and gentle
- It is not the fastest nail polish remover in the market
Gelish SOAK OFF Gel Remover is an effective nail polish remover distinguished by the addition of conditioning additives that preserves the integrity of the nail. It is highly recommended.
8. Pure Vitality
Pure Vitality Beauty is a top beauty and cosmetics brand, certainly one of the best nail polish remover brands out there on the market today. Pure Vitality is a company known for its amazing reputation for quality and safety.
Pure Vitality Beauty Nail Polish Remover
This nail polish remover from Pure Vitality Beauty is another perfect alternative to traditional nail polish removers. It eliminates all the typical side effects of traditional nail polish remover such as skin irritation, nail dryness, and toxic odor.
Pure Vitality Beauty Nail Polish Remover is formulated with safe and effective ingredients. Chemicals such as ethyl lactate, acetate, and petroleum ingredients are excluded from the formula. This ensures that this polish remover is as gentle as possible. It also doesn’t have the typical strong odor of nail polish removers. It does not dry the nail and cuticle out and could help to moisturize nails.
The deal-breaker for most users is that it is cruelty-free as well as biodegradable making it environmental-friendly. This makes it safe for pregnant women, nursing mothers, and children.
It is very easy to use. Drop a few drops of the solution on the nails and wrap with foil paper for a few minutes. Then wipe it off with a cotton ball. It typically requires more time than traditional nail polish removers but is as effective and without the harsh side effects.
It will leave the nails smooth, moisturized, and strengthened.
- Natural product – harsh chemicals excluded from the formula
- Cruelty-free – safe for all categories of users
- Biodegradable – environmental-friendly
- Does not dry nails and cuticle
- Moisturizes and strengthens nails
- Very easy to use
- Gentle and effective
- No strong odor
- It requires more time than traditional nail polish but the benefits outweigh this
Pure Vitality Beauty Nail Polish Remover is a natural and very effective nail polish remover formulated to eliminate the harsh effects of traditional nail polish. It is cruelty-free, biodegradable, and healthy. It comes highly recommended.
9. The Sign Tribe
The Sign Tribe is another top in the beauty and cosmetics industry that has done really well for itself. Their formulas are focused on minimizing the harsh reactions of traditional nail care products, making them a great option for many people.
Remove and Chill Nail Enamel Remover
This nail polish remover from the Sign Tribe combines many desirable features in nail polish removers. The Sign tribe is one of the few nail polish remover brands whose products come with great care and efficiency as well as a pleasant scent. It was formulated with the focus of taking care of the strong odor typical of traditional nail polish. The elimination of strong odor makes it safe for all users including pregnant women, nursing mothers, and children.
It works gently in removing the nail polish hence will not dry out the nails and cuticle. It will leave your nails healthy and strengthened. It also pampers the cuticle. It is perfect for a wide range of nail polishes excluding shellac or gel nails.
Propylene Carbonate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Dimethicone, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, PEG-8, Caprylyl Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene.
How to use
It is very easy to use:
Apply a thick layer of this nail polish remover on the nails and leave it for up to 3 minutes especially if it is a multiple coated polish. Then wipe the polish off with a dry cotton ball.
- Elimination of strong odor – safe for all and can be used anytime
- Gentle and safe
- Great care
- Does not dry the nail
- Pampers the cuticle
- A quite fast action – just 3 minutes wait
- It does not remove shellac or gel nails
Remove and Chill Nail Enamel Remover is a gentle nail polish remover with a pleasant scent. It is safe for all users and effectively removes nail polishes without compromising the integrity of nails and cuticle. It is recommended.
10. Beauty Secrets
Sally Beauty is another one of the best nail polish remover brands in the beauty and cosmetics industry. Their products are very effective and reliable. Though their polish remover is acetone-based, other key ingredients ensure it leaves the nail softened and strengthened.
Beauty Secrets Acetone Nail Polish Remover
Though some users prefer acetone-free nail polish remover for several reasons, this acetone-based nail polish remover from Sally Beauty Supply is nothing like the typical acetone-based nail polish remover. It does not leave the nail and cuticle dry rather the nails are softened as well as strengthened.
The presence of wheat protein and vitamin E in the formula are key factors that ensure the integrity of nails is not compromised.
Beauty Secrets Acetone Nail Polish Remover effectively removes nail polish without being too hard on nails.
Note: it has an unpleasant chemical odor but not as overwhelming as a lot of typical acetone-based nail polish remover.
Water, Acetone, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Benzyl Benzoate, vitamin E, and more.
How to use
Soak a cotton ball with this acetone-based solution and apply it to the nails leaving it briefly to soften. Then wipe off the polish. It is easy to use.
- Effective remover of nail polish
- Quick action
- Economical – small quantity is required for remover
- Option – several sizes available
- Despite not too harsh or unpleasant, the odor is still unpleasant implying they could be unsafe for some people e.g. pregnant women, nursing mothers, and children
- Another problem is the limited availability – it is only available for sale at Sally Beauty Supply
If you are well informed about the side effects of acetone-based nail polish remover yet prefer it because of its better effectiveness and speed of removing nail polish, then Beauty Secrets Acetone Nail Polish Remover comes highly recommended. It is not as harsh as the typical nail polish remover, with wheat protein and vitamin E helping to nourish nails. Then the economical factor is the reason many users keep going back for this product.
11. Nails Inc
Nails Inc has been operating for over two decades during which it became one of the best nail polish remover brands and has produced great beauty and cosmetics products based on amazing innovations. The company was founded to close the speed and efficiency gap in cosmetics products. Some of their top-quality products are polish removers.
Nail Inc Nail Polish Rapid Remover Pot
As noted in the brand’s philosophy, this amazing nail polish remover effectively removes a wide range of nail polishes within a few seconds. Despite its fast action, it is cruelty-free and gentle. It is compact and powered by collagen contributing to the gentle remover of nail polish.
The pre-soaked sponges in the pot allow for easy and neat wiping off of nail polish. It is coconut scented and strengthens nails and cuticles. Several harsh chemicals including acetone are excluded from the formula hence is very safe for users.
How to use
Gently wipe nail polish off with the pre-soaked sponge.
- Gentle and effective
- Super-fast and does not require the use of cotton
- Easy to use
- Free of harsh chemicals e.g. acetone-free
- Collagen-powered for healthy nails and cuticle
- Reduces spillage risk common to liquid polish removers
- Easy to take anywhere
- It is difficult to use for toenails
- Nails may feel a little dry
Nail Inc Nail Polish Rapid Remover Pot is an outstanding and amazingly fast polish remover. It will get nail polish off in a few seconds without excessive drying of nails or cuticles. It is generally a great product besides the difficulty encountered in usage for toenails. It is recommended.
12. Mountain Falls
This is another amazing beauty and cosmetics brand with top-quality and effective products.
Mountain Falls Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover
This is nail polish remover is formulated to gently and quickly remove polish as well as nourish and strengthen nails and cuticle. In addition to the elimination of acetone from the formula, no animal-based ingredients, preservatives, and petrochemicals are added hence it is a very safe polish remover for all.
It works for a wide range of polishes including artificial nails.
Water, methyl acetate, butoxydiglycol, dimethyl glutarate, dimethyl adipate, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, panthenol, benzophenone-1, etidronic acid, denatonium benzoate, sodium acetate, red 17, yellow 11.
It is easy to use – place a soaked cotton ball on the nail or use the cotton ball to apply this solution to the nail and leave for a few minutes to soften. Then wipe it clean.
- Gentle and effective
- Softens cuticle and strengthens nails
- Nourishes nails cuticle
- Does not contain preservatives and petrochemicals
- Acetone free
- Very safe
- It requires a few minutes to soften
Mountain Falls Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover is a very safe and gentle polish remover yet it effective for both natural and artificial nails. The elimination of acetone is enough reason to try this out. It is recommended for all categories of users including pregnant women, nursing mothers, and children.
13. Majestic Pure
This beauty and cosmetics brand is basically a natural product brand. Their products are top-quality and safe.
Majestic Pure Soy Nail Polish Remover
This is another amazing plant-based nail care product. It is natural, non-toxic, noncarcinogenic, and biodegradable hence it is safe for both humans and the environment. Tea tree oil, which is a powerful antifungal and antibacterial agent, is included in the formula to protect and strengthen nails.
It is a perfect alternative to traditional nail polish remover that often dries the nails and cuticle.
How to use
It is easy to use – drop a few drops of the solution on the nails for a few minutes and then wipe the polish off.
Note: Due to the presence of tea tree oil in the formula, it is important to do a patch test before using this polish remover – apply a very thin layer of the solution to a tiny portion on the inside of your elbow area and leave it for a while to see how your body reacts. If there’s no allergic reaction, then you can go ahead with this product.
It is designed strictly for external use. Pregnant women should talk to their doctor before using this product. Keep it out of children’s reach.
- 100% biodegradable
- No preservatives or petrochemicals used
- Improves the health of nails and cuticle
- Very safe and gentle
- It moisturizes cuticle and nourishes the nail bed
- Protect nails from infections
- Some users may be allergic to this product which will be most likely due to tea tree oil
Majestic Pure Soy Nail Polish Remover is not just a polish remover but also has numerous benefits for both nails and surrounding skin. If you are not allergic to tea tree oil, then this is a product to have.
14. 786 Cosmetics
786 Cosmetics is also a top beauty and cosmetics brand with amazing nail care products. All products are formulated to eliminate or reduce the harsh effects of traditional nail products.
786 Cosmetics Soy-Based Nail Polish Remover
Here is another soy-based nail polish remover. It is formulated for the gentle remover of nail polish and promotion of healthy, moisturized nails thanks to the Almond essential oil component.
Harsh chemicals such as acetone or acetates are eliminated from the formula to ensure the nails and cuticles are not dried out.
Dimethyl Glutarate, Dimethyl Adipate, Trideceth-8, and Methyl Oleate or Stearate.
It is easy to use – soak a cotton ball with the solution and use it to wipe the nail clean.
Note: if you are allergic to soy and its derivatives, this product isn’t for you. It is for external use only and should be kept out of reach of children.
- Free of acetone and other harsh chemicals
- Non-toxic or cruelty-free
- Promotes healthy, moisturized nails
- Light, fresh scent
- The only issue is the allergic reactions experienced by some users hence ensure you are not allergic to soy derivatives before using this product
786 Cosmetics Soy-Based Nail Polish Remover is an effective, gentle, fast-acting, and safe nail polish remover that will leave the nail and cuticle better than it met them. It is highly recommended.
15. Body Prescriptions
Here is another great brand with great products for manicure and pedicure. Their products are generally safe, effective, reliable, and nourishing.
Body Prescriptions Nail Polish Removing Wipes
These nail polish remover wipes are perfect for holidays or vacations. It is designed to gently and effectively remove nail polish without being too harsh on nails and cuticle. A pad is enough to remove polish from all 10 nails especially if it is not a multi-coated manicure.
Its scent is pleasant hence no inhaling of dangerous fumes.
- Pleasant scent
- Perfect for travel
- Preserves nails and cuticle integrity
- If you are looking for something very fast, you may have to look elsewhere because it works slowly. However, it is effective.
Body Prescriptions Nail Polish Removing Wipes are very convenient hence are recommended for travel. It is gentle, safe, and has a pleasant scent.
Though this brand is not popular, perhaps because it is still relatively new in the industry, it has great nail care products.
Baisidai Gel Nail Polish Removal Pad
These are pre-soaked pads made from soft silicone. It is very strong containing 100% acetone hence removes nail polish in a matter of seconds. It effectively removes almost all nail polish including acrylic and gel nails. Each pack contains 200 foil wraps.
- 100% acetone
- Perfect for gel and acrylic nails
- Quick action
- Very effective
- As typical of acetone-based polish removers, it is not very safe especially for pregnant women, nursing mothers, and children
- It may dry out nails and cuticle
Baisidai Gel Nail Polish Removal Pads are very fast-acting polish removers. They work perfectly for gel and acrylic nails. It is recommended for travel.
17. LA Fresh Classic
LA Fresh Classic Nail Polish Remover pads
It is designed for easy usage and effective remover of polish without making a mess. A pad can remove polish from all fingernails. It contains Aloe Vera, a nourishing ingredient for skin and nails.
- Easy to use
- Nourishes nail and cuticle
- Perfect for travel
- It can damage artificial nails. It is also flammable hence should be kept away from fire or smoke
LA Fresh Classic Nail Polish Remover pads are convenient, effective, and perfect for travel.
Diamond Nail Polish Remover Pads
This is another effective polish remover pad with aloe vera hence it is very nourishing for nails and cuticle. It is acetone-based, making it a very effective option.
- Quick action
- Nourishes nails and cuticle
- 50 separate wipes
- Acetone-based hence may not be safe for all
Diamond Nail Polish Remover Pads are very easy to use and convenient. It is effective, nourishing, and recommended for travel.
19. Medline Nail Polish Remover Wipes
This is a non-acetone nail polish remover wipe with great effectiveness – a pad is able to wipe 10 nails. It is gentle and does not dry the nail.
- Safe – non-acetone
- Packed separately
- Requires more time than acetone-based based polish removers
Medline Nail Polish Remover Wipes are highly recommended for people who prefer non-acetone polish removers. It is perfect for travel.
20. BTArtbox Gel Nail Remover Wraps
This is an acetone-based polish remover. It is specially shaped for easy usage for all nail sizes.
- Comes with a professional-grade nail tool
- Frequent usage can cause serious damage to nails
- It is not ideal for all users
BTArtbox Gel Nail Remover Wraps is recommended for people who prefer acetone-based polish removers.
Key Considerations When Selecting Nail Polish Remover
- Ease of use: this is also an important factor because you nobody wants a polish remover that requires special skills especially with many more people getting their manicure and pedicure done at home. Get a product that is very easy to use. All products reviewed above are easy to use. Another aspect of ease of use is the waiting time; go for a product that acts quite fast. However, don’t sacrifice safety for speed – the products above give a good balance.
- Scent: a good number of nail polishes as well as nail polish removers have unpleasant odors that are not just irritating but could be dangerous especially for pregnant women, nursing mothers, and children. Go for unscented polish removers or those with pleasant smells based on what you prefer. Fortunately, scented polish removers have options such as orange and lavender hence users still get to choose the scent they prefer.
- Nail dryness: this is directly linked to the ingredients used. Harsh chemicals leave the nail and cuticle dry. This compromises the integrity of the nail which could lead to cracking of nails hence increasing the chance of breeding nail fungus. Oil-based polish removers as well as those with conditioning additives are better.
- Chemical components: one of the most important considerations when choosing a nail product is safety. While you are looking for something that really works, you also do not want it ruining your nails and cuticle or even cause greater harm. Many nail polish removers contain ingredients that leave the nail and cuticle dry beside the unpleasant odor that is dangerous for some categories of people such as pregnant women and children. Therefore, pay keen attention to the ingredients of a polish remover before using it. Even if it means you would have to wait a few minutes to effectively remove nail polish, polish remover with natural ingredients are better.
- Customers review: After considering all the above factors, it is very advisable to equally check what users have to say about the product as this will give you a true picture of how it works. It either validates or invalidates the claims of manufacturers and ‘paid’ reviewers. Check as many customer reviews as possible to ensure you get the true picture.
- Availability: many nail care products are only available online, making the shipping cost very high for people in distant countries. Check to ensure the shipping cost is not too high.
Tips and Precautions For The Usage of Nail Polish Remover
Whether it is a scented, unscented, or unpleasant odor nail polish remover, there are key precautions to have in mind.
- Proper ventilation – nail polish remover especially acetone-based ones should only be used in a well-ventilated room because they are inflammable. Also, you should eliminate anything that could trigger fire from the room.
- Wear face protection as it is dangerous to inhale the fume
- For someone who uses nail polish frequently, gentle, non-acetone nail polish removers are better to avoid over irritation and sensitivity of the nail as well as surrounding skin.
- Before using an acetone-based polish remover, rub olive oil on the adjacent skin of nails.
- Rinse hands and feet with water after removing nail polish and allow it to dry.
- After polish remover, moisturize skin and nails with nail and cuticle oil irrespective of how gentle the remover may be.
Note: these tips could make a lot of difference in the eventual outlook of your nails – pay attention to them.
There are so many nail polish remover brands on the market you can select from, but it is important to note that getting the best nail polish remover is as important as getting the perfect nail polish. A key part of any manicure or pedicure kit is nail polish remover. The ideal nail polish would be 100 percent safe, gentle, easily remove nail polish, and without odor or smells nice. However, it is not that simple and straightforward hence the Top 20 nail polish remover brands are reviewed above to help you make the best decision. Check the brands’ review above before selecting a nail polish remover.